A few new additions to the core gameplay in Chapter 2 are Shrines and Brillstones. While Shrines made a short appearance towards the end of Chapter 1, Brillstones are completely new, and play a role in the ongoing story of the Fracture.
There are 6 Elemental Shrines across the map - one for each Elemental Gauntlet. Finding and activating these shrines will give the player a permanent boost (for the game) related to that element!
The Shrines can be found at the following locations:
To activate a Shrine, use the corresponding element gauntlet on it. Once you do this, you'll gain a buff that lasts for the rest of the game. The buff gives you the following:
- Grants the Level 1 Class ability for the gauntlet used to activate the Shrine
Brillstones appear across the map as clusters of elemental crystals. Each Brillstone cluster can be activated once by using the appropriate gauntlet's magic on it, which will result in a reaction. They match the color of the gauntlet they respond to, so red/orange Brillstones can be activated by Fire, blue Brillstones can be activated by Lightning, etc.
Activating a Brillstone results in a different reaction for each element. These Reactions are as follows:
- Fire Brillstone - results in a very large AoE explosion, dealing damage to all surrounding players
- Frost Brillstone - results in a widespread Flash Freeze, freezing nearby players and absorbing certain elemental shots.
- Lightning Brillstone - results in a large Lightning Storm, shocking and damaging surrounding players
- Wind Brillstone - results in a Tornado, pulling in nearby enemies. Can be used by Tempests to Updraft.
- Toxic Brillstone - results in a Toxic Cloud appearing around the Brillstone.
- Stone Brillstone - results in an explosion around the Brillstone, dealing AoE damage to nearby players
On top of these unique reactions, by activating a Brillstone, you receive a temporary buff each time you activate one:
- Elemental Spell Damage +20% (of the activated Brillstone's Element)
- Sorcery Cooldown -20% (of the activated Brillstone's Element)
These buffs last 30 seconds, and activating another Brillstone of the same element will refresh the 30 second timer (it doesn't stack). You can have a buff of each individual element going at the same time, but it's capped at 1 30-second buff per element.